Have you ever come across a situation when you want to duplicate any WordPress site with all its content without missing any data? WordPress clone site plugin made WordPress site migration easy and painless. In this article, you will learn more about Cloning and why you should use plus top 5 best WordPress Cloning Plugins. You will learn the following topics in this article.
- What is WordPress clone site plugin?
- What you should do before cloning your site.
- List of top 5 best WordPress cloning plugins.
What WordPress Clone Site Plugin?
Cloning is simply duplicating a WordPress site. You might develop your website locally before everything deploying it online. Once everything is done locally, you can migrate it on your serve or live. WordPress cloning plugins let you easily move or duplicate your site from place to another place.
What can WordPress cloning plugins do?
- Back up your site.
- Shift your site from one server to another.
- Migrate local site to production.
- Duplicate the same copy of a site.
What should you do before cloning your site?
Before you can duplicate or clone your website. There are some points that you should do. These are the pre-requirements and preparation for your new copy of your site.
- Install a fresh WordPress site.
- Have access to c-panel of your site.
- FTP account to upload file to server
Best WordPress clone site plugin
Now is the time to introduce the top 5 best WordPress clone site plugin. These plugins are selected based on user rate, satisfaction, rich features, and popularity.
UpdraftPlus is the number one in our list. This plugin simplifies backups and restoration. It is the world’s highest-ranking and most popular scheduled backup plugin. With over a million currently-active installs. Backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
Unlike many other plugins, UpdraftPlus:
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate in convenience
- Is faster, using up fewer server resources
- Has been tested on over 1 million sites
2. All-in-One WordPress Migration
All-in-One is yet another best WordPress plugin for cloning. This plugin exports your WordPress website including the database, media files, plugins and themes with no technical knowledge required.
Upload your site to a different location with a drag and drop into WordPress.
Duplicator gives you the ability to migrate, copy, move or clone a site from one location to another. And also serves as a simple backup utility. Duplicator handles both serialized and base64 serialized string replacement. WordPress migration and WordPress backups are easily handled by this plugin.
Duplicator enables you to:
- Move, migrate or clone a WordPress site between domains or hosts
- Pulldown a live site to localhost for development
- Manually backup a WordPress site or parts of a site
- Duplicate a live site to a staging area or vice versa
- Bundle up an entire WordPress site for easy reuse or distribution
- Perform a full WordPress migration without struggling with messy import/export SQL scripts
WP Clone is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to move or copy a WordPress site to another domain or hosting server. You can also use it to move your site to/from local server hosting, to create copies of your site for development or testing purposes, to backup your site, and to install pre-configured versions of WordPress.
The last one is WP Migrate DB. It exports your database as a MySQL data dump (much like phpMyAdmin), does a find and replace on URLs and file paths, handles serialized data, then allows you to save it to your computer as an SQL file. To complete the migration, you need to use a database management tool (e.g. phpMyAdmin) to import the SQL file to your database, replacing your existing database. It is perfect for developers who need to migrate fresh data from the production site to their local install or migrate their locally developed site to a staging or production server.
Almost every WordPress user needs to know about cloning and duplicating. If you have any questions, feel free to comment it below. 🙂