How to Delete Windows 10 Update Files and Cached Data?
Remove or delete Windows 10 update files will free the system drive space and speedup your PC too. When you update your Windows, update files will be cached on your system drive. You should manually Windows 10 update files or using some third-party application. The builtin Disk Cleanup Windows features is great for deleting Windows temporary files.
This is the most common problem user asked us about. Unless we had explain this for previews Windows, like Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Fortunately it works the same for all Windows. So try to cleanup your system temporary files and speed up performance of you computer, specialty Windows 10.
Delete Windows 10 Update Files
Two ways to delete Windows 10 update files. The firs one is deleting an installed update which sometime cause an issue. The second is delete the update cached files in Windows 10. Then follow the below step by step to remove Windows 10 update files.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” on the Windows Run to open Program and Features. Now on the programs and feature page select view installed updates.
2. Select and right click the update you want to uninstall it, then click Uninstall.
Note: Some Windows updates are not removable, you can simply uninstall it with Windows Programs and Features section.
Remove Windows Update Files and Cached Data
This is the second method to delete Windows update files and other cached data or temporary files. Just follow the below how to guides.
- Open your File Explorer (This PC or My Computer), right click the system drive and select Properties.
The system drive is where your Windows 10 has been installed currently.
2. On the Properties of system drive, click Desk Cleanup to open Disk Cleanup for drive (C:). Then select all from Download Program files to Thumbnail files under Files to delete. When you have selected all of them, click Clean up system files.
3. Now on the Disk Cleanup tab, select all options again, then click OK to delete all Windows 10 update files and temporary files.
If you want to delete System Restore and Shadow Copies, select More Options tab and click Clean up to remove system restore and shadow copies.
Remember: This action will remove all system restore point, you will not able to restore to preview point, unless you the system will create a new restore point.
4. Just click Delete Files to make sure that all files will remove successfully. Until it will not finished, don’t close the process window or shutting down your system.
5. Now all Windows 10 update files and other cached files must be deleted. Close the system properties window.
That’s it, easy and simple.
Remove Windows Update Files of other Windows
To do the same task or need to more about deleting system cached files or remove Windows update files, I recommend you to read the below articles.
- How to Clear Temporary Files In Windows System?
- Delete System Restore and Shadow Copies to Get Free Disk Space
PC Scan & Repair by Reimage software is also a good tools to completely scan and repair your computer. Download and install then start scanning. The below screenshot is the scan result’s of my Laptop.
Also there are more third party apps will do this for your, but doing Windows task with builtin Windows app is better and free. It will let you discover your computer features and functions more.
Any question for issue, just comment us and let us know how do we can help you.