Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 for PC experts is here today, but it’s a long way from done. We’re going to make it faster, better, more fun at parties…you get the idea. Join the Windows Insider Program to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way. If you’re okay with a moving target and don’t want to miss out on the latest stuff, keep reading. Insider Preview could be just your thing.
Download and install Windows 10 Insider Preview only if you
- Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
- Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
- Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.
- Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.
- Aren’t installing it on your everyday computer.
We’re not kidding about the expert thing. So if you think BIOS is a new plant-based fuel, Windows 10 Insider Preview may not be right for you.
Things to keep in mind before Installation
Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.
Some installed apps might not yet work as expected or might not be available in your country or region. For example, Cortana is currently only available in English (United States), English (United Kingdom), Chinese (Simplified), German (Germany), French (France), Italian, and Spanish (Spain). To be able to use Cortana, the country or region for your system must be set to one of the available languages, and you also need to have installed that language’s version of Insider Preview. In addition, the Cortana features that are available in one language might be different from those that are available in another.
Also, if your PC runs into problems, Microsoft will likely examine your system files. If the privacy of your system files is a concern, consider using a different PC. For more info, read our privacy statement.
- Remember, trying out an early build like this can be risky. That’s why we recommend that you don’t install the preview on your primary home or business PC. Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything.
- If you want to stop using Windows 10 Insider Preview and return to your previous version of Windows, you’ll need to reinstall your previous version from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC—typically a DVD. If you don’t have recovery media, you might be able to create a USB recovery drive.
- After you install Windows 10 Insider Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.
Product key: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview (x64) – Build 10074
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview (x86) – Build 10074
For different languages go to Windows 10 web site and download it.
Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview for IT Experts
Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview is an early look at some of the features and functionality in store for Windows 10.
- Need more information? See what’s new in Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview. Want to install Windows 10 Insider Preview on your personal PC? Visit Windows.com for more details.
Download Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview the Evaluations edition.