Your company or organization produces a huge number of document organization, and each document is a tie to different processes. You create your document, forward it, check it, store it and above all look for it time and again which takes a lot of time and needs resources. Fortunately, nowadays the new system and criteria which are called Document Management System (DMS) or document management software come to play.
With a DMS you will improve your customer partner service, moreover, save a lot of time and money. Well, do you know what DNS is? Let’s take a look at how AIIM defines it.
What is Document Management System?
Document Management Systems (DMS), is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner.
Document management is how your organization stores, manages and tracks its electronic documents.
Indeed, DMS has become one significant factor which makes your works convenient and benefits you in many ways like:
- Work at the speed of thought, but without human errors
- Save space and money
- Keep all documents and files in one place
- Waste less time
- Eliminate lost and misfiled documents
- Work from anywhere
- Facilitate compliance and ensure security
- Improve customer service
- Achieve a consistent file structure
- Securely share files of any size
- Control access and track files
- Fast track document turnaround
- Protect and expand your business
- Maximize your performance
The pros of DMS has been unfolded for you; now I am going to introduce top 10 document management software which will benefit your company and improve your service.
Top 10 Document Management Software
The Box is a great cloud computing business which provides file-sharing, collaborating and other tools for working with files that are uploaded to its servers. Users can determine how their content can be shared with other users. Users may invite others to view and edit an account’s shared files, upload documents and photos to a shared files folder (and thus share those documents outside of Box), and give other users rights to view shared files.
Box offers three account types: Starter, Business, and Enterprise.
- Starter: Secure file sharing and collaboration. Ideal for small teams and it costs $5 per user per month.
- Business: This account is the most popular which has the functionalities like core sync and share capabilities, advanced security, customization, and reporting. It costs 15$ per user per month.
- Enterprise: Content management with the premier account and content security and workflow automation.
EFileCabinet Online is a full-fledged business document management system that offers file sharing features, version control, consistent file structure and more. It’s all housed in an attractive user interface as well. If your business needs a cloud-based solution for digitizing and storing files as well as a way to set up document retention and compliance, then eFileCabinet Online is a fine choice. Also, eFileCabinet provides the following features:
- Secure Cloud Management
- Compliance Tools
- Simple and User-Friendly Design
- Roel-Based Permissions
- Free Mobile App
- Templates for Automated File Structuring
- File Retention
- Full-Text Searching
- Integration with Popular Software
Zoho as another great solution for business problems. You can run your business more efficiently with your personalized workspace in the cloud. From documents to images, spreadsheets to presentations, and even your music, movies, and pictures, you can carry all of your files with you wherever you go. The best features of Zoho are as follows:
- Cloud Storage
- Sync From Desktop
- Share and collaborate
- Advanced Analytics
- Setup and Admin Controls
- Mobile Apps
Zoho offers three accounts: Free, Standard, and Premium.
- Free: Zoho Docs is always free for teams of up to 25 users and provides 5GB per user.
- Standard: Enhanced security, better collaboration, organization-wide reporting, and analytics. It costs $5 per user per month.
- Premium: This account contains more storage (1TB/user), robust admin controls, active directory and single sign-on. It costs $8 per user per month.
Canvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The Canvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight into their business operations. Canvas can be easily customized by any business to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help them connect better with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers.
Canvas is trusted by thousands of firms throughout more than 70 countries, automating millions of workplace activities, making it one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Canvas offers three account types: Startup, Business, and Professional. Each of them is having different features and different functionalities.
- Startup: The startup is a basic support account, it costs $30 per user, per month, when paid annually.
- Business: Business is a Powerful feature and dedicated support which supports unlimited users and costs $40 per user, per month, when paid annually, and the minimum users are 5.
- Professional: Professional is the best of Canvas which supports unlimited users and automate your work processes. It costs $50 per user, per month, when paid manually and supports five users minimum.
All of the accounts mentioned above contain trial version which is a good for testing beforehand.
FileHold is easy to use, scalable, client-server document management software system that can manage tens of thousands or millions of documents. It can store practically any type of file and directly integrate with the Microsoft Office suite of products or Microsoft SharePoint. The “smart” scanning solution that comes with FileHold can turn cabinets and boxes of paper into electronic information that can be searched in seconds.
FileHold can be installed on your server or in the cloud. FileHold Express is designed for organizations who have 5 to 20 users, and FileHold Enterprise is designed for large organizations which have 20 + users.
6. Google Drive for Work
Google drive for work is another great platform for the document. It gives you full offline access to documents, unlimited storage for more than five users and can edit Microsoft Office files. Phone, chat, and email support available for account owners. You can get all of these tools in G Suite for $5/user/month.
7. Microsoft SharePoint Online
Microsoft offers SharePoint Online which is the powerful features of SharePoint without the associated overhead of managing the infrastructure on your own. With the share point mobile app, you can access to your team and organizational resources anywhere to get work done. Moreover, it contains seamless collaboration, intelligence and insights, enterprise-grade security and compliance and much more.
You can purchase SharePoint in the cloud as a standalone offering or as part of an Office 365 suite, where you can also get access to Exchange, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, the Office clients, and web apps.
Onehub is the best way to manage, share and work together on business files. Designed for business needs, Onehub offers granular control of data, role-based permissions, and mobile access. Contains many features like sharing, permissions, previews, collaboration, customization, security and more. Onehub includes three accounts: 1. Team: Designed for small teams with enterprise-grade security. 2. Business: Onehub’s most popular plan with additional security features. 3. Enterprise: The premium feature set for the ultimate business file sharing experience.
M-Files DMS is a powerful document management application that increases company productivity by organizing and managing all electronic documents. Moreover, by the help of M-Files, you can access documents from any internet-enabled device, including tablets or phones.
Also, M-Files contains the following features:
- Industry-leading features
- Fits the way you work – no training required
- Supports all applications and file types
- Flexible Deployment
- No confusing, chaotic folders
- Regulatory compliance
M-Files has a pricing form; from there you can get information about its pricing.
Workfront is a software company that develops web-based work management and project management software that features enterprise work management, issue tracking, document management time tracking and portfolio management.
Users can access a library of standard reports or customize them to meet an organization’s needs. Workfront offers tools to help visualize the work lifecycle so users can maintain project schedules and budgets. Users can drag and drop tasks to assign them to team members, shift assignments and organize workflows through the visual interface.
Workfront has pricing form. After giving some facts about your organization like inserting your industry and number of users, it will give you a suitable price.