How to Delete Undeletable Folder in Windows 10
If you have a folder or file on your computer that you can’t delete, this article will help you delete any folder and file with cmd. Even if you have tried using cmd before and couldn’t delete it. We will show you the correct way to delete undeletable folder. This method 100% works.
Where these Folders Come from?
For we go directly on how to delete undeletable folders, let’s see where these folders come to our computer and why you can’t delete them.
- These folders can be a virus that is created by any software.
- These folders were created by any program you used intentionally.
- You can’t delete because it might be open anywhere else.
- It might be referencing any other file
- You might delete it from any other device.
There might be some other reasons as well. Let’s see what possible errors you get while deleting these folders.
- Could not find this item.
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- You need permission to perform this action.
- The file is in use by another program or user
- The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
- This action can’t be completed because the folder or a file is open in another program.
How to Delete Undeletable Folder
Now let’s see how we can delete the undeletable folder in your system.
Step 1. Open cmd in the parent directory of the folder you want to delete. Now run the following command.
As you can see, We want to delete that image, and before that image, there is a unique name as pointed. The name is the key to delete that file.
Step 2. Now let’s run a command to delete that file.
rmdir /q /s the-unique-name
In our case, it would be something like this.
Now press enter and your folder should be deleted.
Note: You can’t delete the file like this. You can just delete a directory.
There might be some software that will force delete folders and directories. But using cmd is better and easier. If you have any trouble, feel free to comment it below.