SuperPutty for GNS3 is one of the best Windows GUI Application that allows the PuTTY SSH Client to be open in multiple tabs. There are many tools for control devices in GNS3, but all of them has it’s own functions and good for basic users. By default GNS3 use the putty for console remote session which open a window separably for each device. See the screenshot of GNS3 using Putty.
SuperPutty for GNS3
Let’s add SuperPuty fro GNS3 and see what makes SuperPutty better than others. The below list is SuperPutty features.
- Docking user interface allows personalized workspace and managing multiple PuTTY sessions easy
- Export/Import session configuration
- Upload files securely using the scp or sftp protocols
- Layouts allow for customizing session views
- Supports PuTTY session configurations including Private Keys
- Supports SSH, RLogin, Telnet and RAW protocols
- Supports local shell via MinTTY or puttycyg
- Supports KiTTY
1. To add SupperPutty for GNS3, just download the SuperPutty and extract all files, then copy all files to the directory where GNS3 has installed.
2. When you copying files, it ask you to replace files. Simply replace the files in the destination folder and close the window. Then go to GNS3 Preferences from Edit tab to open the Preference page.
3. On the preference page click Console Applications tab. From preconfigured consoles select SuperPutty (Included with GNS3) and click Set. Now the default console application has changed to newly downloaded SuperPutty. Just apply and close all pages and open the console to see the SuperPutty with multiple tabs.
Remember current version of SuperPutty need dot Net framework 3.5 to be installed on your computer. If it’s not installed on your computer, try to install it from Windows Features section. Open the Windows Features from control panel or simply type “OptionalFeatures” on Windows Run and press enter.
On the Windows Features page, select the .Net Framework 3.5 and click OK. If you don’t have internet or it’s time consuming task for downloading, use DISM command tool to install Windows features offline. How to Install Windows Features Offline Using DISM?
Here is the SuperPutty for GNS3 and enjoy using lovely GNS3 for networking. Feel free to ask your questions and feedback.