Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Deployment Services with Windows Server 2012 R2 is the third parts of Windows Deployment articles. You can read the previews articles about how to Install and configure the WDS from below links.
- Part 1. How to Install and Configure WDS In Windows Server 2012 R2
- Part 2. Configure Windows Deployment Services on Server 2012 R2?
So in this post we trying to install Windows 10 as client OS for network workstation computers. In part 2 we added Windows 10 install.wim image and created a boot image also.
The WDS Server is ready to response for client requests. Make sure that the active directory and DHCP Server are running and work perfectly. It depends to your network environment, I have installed Active directory and DHCP Server in one server and WDS on the separate server which is the member of domain. You can install them on one server, both of them work the same but installing on the same server is not a good practice in real environment.
Deploying Windows 10 Using WDS
If you are ready, go to client computer and boot it with network card (Pxe). I assume that you have set the boot option of the client to boot from the network and just turn on the system.
1. The system will boot from network, so ask you to press F12 for network service boot. Press F12 to boot the system with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE).
2. The system will boot and trying to install. Just follow the steps.
Note: It is not necessary to press 12 always to boot the system. You can change the boot option from Properties of WDS. Just go to Windows Deployment Services properties and select the Boot tab. Now select the “Always continue the PXE boot” for known and unknown clients. But it is not a good practice in the real production environment, because of the security reasons.
3. On the Windows Setup page, select the language and keyboard then click Next. The system will ask you the credential, type user name and password and click OK.
You must enter the correct user name and password, otherwise you will face credential errors and unable to continue.
4. Now select each Windows image you want to install. Here I have just one enterprise edition. Select the and click Next.
5. The other process are the same as the the clear installation of a windows operating system. So don’t worry and just create the appropriate partitions and continue the installation till the end.
If you don’t know the process of Windows Installation, follow the step by step article of How to install Windows?
Deploy Windows 10 with WDS Using Server 2016
This video demonstrate the process of deploying Windows 10 using WDS with Windows server 2016.
Hope you find this short Windows 10 deployment article and video demonstration helpful. Feel free to ask you question about deploying Windows 10 with WDS and MDT. Read the article of deploying Windows 10 with MDT on enterprise network.