How to Upgrade Laptop Hard Disk to SSD?
The solid state disk SSD is faster than the old standard HDD. Nowadays the SSDs are going to become cheaper in price. It is still expensive and will not suitable for everyone’s computer. So we need to know the steps to upgrade Laptop Hard Disk to SSD in case of replacing the old hard disk to a new one.
In this article we simply explain it in a step by step pictorial guide to upgrade laptop hard disk to SSD. You should consider the details of your laptop before purchasing a new Solid State Disk. Check out what model your laptop is? Dose it support SSD? Is it physically compatible to upgrade to a new SSD?
These are the questions you must answer before going to upgrade laptop hard disk to SSD. So let’s start the game.
Unscrew the Back Panel of Laptop
When you want to boost the speed of your laptop hard disk, you must consider good brand SSD. Try to search Amazon and compare a few according to prices, quality and other features subsets. Then buy it form Amazon or a local computer accessories store.
1. If you are ready then turn your laptop off and disconnect power cable and other connected cables then correctly unscrew the back panel to get access to laptop hard drive.
2. Now unscrew the back panel carefully and do not damage the back cover or front side of your laptop.
3. Find out what is a correct way to unscrewing laptop’s back panel. To be sure that dose it open from back side or front side?
This is the correct and incorrect methods to unscrew the back panel of this HP laptop. No one is responsible for your sabotage or damaging your laptop. So do it carefully.
4. The laptop should be unscrewed without any problem or damages. So the next step is removing the old HDD and replacing with new SSD.
Now Upgrade Laptop Hard Disk to SSD
Now the laptop is ready to upgrade it’s old hard disk to a new solid state disk. Find all screws that securing your drive to the laptop and unscrew those before you remove the laptop hard drive.
1. Try to unscrew all screws that securing the hard drive.
2. After unscrewing hard drive, disconnect the hard disk cable.
3. So good and easy. Now unscrew the old hard disk clamps from both sides of hard disk.
4. In this section screw the new SSD. I’m using a new Kingston 240 GB solid state disk for this HP laptop.
5. Connect the SSD cable and fit it then screw clamps to secure the hard disk.
6. The final result of upgrading laptop hard disk to a new SSD drive. I had upgrade the RAM also.
7. Now try to carefully fasten the back cover and screw the panel of laptop to secure it. Do it like the same as unscrewing.
I hope this step by step upgrading laptop hard disk with a new SSD has been informative and help you to simply upgrade your laptop hard disk to SSD.