10 Most Popular Wireless Hacking Tools
Wireless Hacking Tools for all platforms. The Wireless security and configuration. Here is the list of most popular Wireless Hacking Tools for Wireless Penetration testing. These tools are most well known wireless hacking tools in Linux and Windows environment. These tools are using for wireless network penetration testing and troubleshooting.
If you want to study about wireless security and hacking, the best online tutorials are on udemy website and offensive security Wifu course.
10 Popular Wireless Hacking Tools
Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools.
In fact, Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks. Download from Aricrack-ng website.
#2. Fern Wi-fi Cracker
Fern Wifi Cracker is a Wireless security auditing and attack software program written using thePython Programming Language and the Python Qt GUI library, the program is able to crack and recover WEP/WPA/WPS keys and also run other network based attacks on wireless or ethernet based networks.
Download: Fern Wi-Fi Cracker
Kismet is an 802.11 layer2 wireless network detector, sniffer, and intrusion detection system. Kismet will work with any wireless card which supports raw monitoring (rfmon) mode, and (with appropriate hardware) can sniff 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, and 802.11n traffic. Kismet also supports plugins which allow sniffing other media such as DECT
- 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11a, 802.11n sniffing
- Standard PCAP file logging (Wireshark, Tcpdump, etc)
- Client/Server modular architecture
- Multi-card and channel hopping support
- Runtime WEP decoding
- Tun/Tap virtual network interface drivers for realtime export of packets
- Hidden SSID decloaking
- Distributed remote sniffing with Kismet drones
- XML logging for integration with other tools
- Linux, OSX, Windows, and BSD support (devices and drivers permitting)
Download: Kismet Wireless Hacking Tools
Reaver implements a brute force attack against Wifi Protected Setup (WPS) registrar PINs in order to recover WPA/WPA2 passphrases, as described in reaver help pdf file.
Reaver has been designed to be a robust and practical attack against WPS, and has been tested against a wide variety of access points and WPS implementations.
On average Reaver will recover the target AP’s plain text WPA/WPA2 passphrase in 4-10 hours, depending on the AP. In practice, it will generally take half this time to guess the correct WPS pin and recover the passphrase
Download: Reaver Wi-Fi cracking
To attack multiple WEP, WPA, and WPS encrypted networks in a row. This tool is customizable to be automated with only a few arguments. Wifite aims to be the “set it and forget it” wireless auditing tool.
- sorts targets by signal strength (in dB); cracks closest access points first
- automatically de-authenticates clients of hidden networks to reveal SSIDs
- numerous filters to specify exactly what to attack (wep/wpa/both, above certain signal strengths, channels, etc)
- customizable settings (timeouts, packets/sec, etc)
- “anonymous” feature; changes MAC to a random address before attacking, then changes back when attacks are complete
- all captured WPA handshakes are backed up to wifite.py’s current directory
- smart WPA de-authentication; cycles between all clients and broadcast deauths
- stop any attack with Ctrl+C, with options to continue, move onto next target, skip to cracking, or exit
- displays session summary at exit; shows any cracked keys
- all passwords saved to cracked.txt
- built-in updater: ./wifite.py -upgrade
Implementation of an offline dictionary attack against WPA/WPA2 networks using PSK-based authentication (e.g. WPA-Personal). Many enterprise networks deploy PSK-based authentication mechanisms for WPA/WPA2 since it is much easier than establishing the necessary RADIUS, supplicant and certificate authority architecture needed for WPA-Enterprise authentication. Cowpatty can implement an accelerated attack if a precomputed PMK file is available for the SSID that is being assessed. It’s a good Wireless hacking tools.
#7. NetStumbler and InSSIDer
NetStumbler (also known as Network Stumbler) is a tool for Windows that facilitates detection of Wireless LANsusing the 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g WLAN standards. It runs on Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. A trimmed-down version called MiniStumbler is available for the handheld Windows CE operating system.
It’s the old tool but the new one is InSSIDer. It was created as an alternative to Network Stumbler for the current generation of Windows operating system.
Some Features of InSSIDer:
- Gathers information from wireless card and software
- Helps choose the best wireless channel available
- Wi-Fi network information such as SSID, MAC, vendor, data rate, signal strength, and security
- Graphs signal strength over time
- Shows which Wi-Fi network channels overlap
- GPS support – Wireless Hacking Tools
- Export to Netstumbler (.ns1) files
- KML logging
There more tools but these are the most popular Wireless hacking tools. If I forgot to bring some valuable Wireless password cracking tools, please let me know and I will add to this lists of Wireless Hacking Tools.
Any way as I told you the best platform for Wireless penetration testing is Kali Linux. So you can see the list of pre-installed Wireless Hacking tools in Kali Linux on the screenshot.
Hope you enjoy the Wireless hacking with these tools in Kali Linux. Just comment us your questions and suggestions about most popular wireless hacking tools.
Best Wifi Hacking Tools. wifi hacking tools for windows 10 free download.
wifi hacking tools free download.
wifi hacking tools for android.
best wifi hacker for android.
wifi hack tools.
wifi hacking software.
wifi hack tool apk.
wifi hacking software free download full version.