Do you want to have a simple and beautiful subscription widget for your web site? If yes, then install and integrate MailChimp with your web site. If you already have subscriber widget, I’m absolutely sure that you know the simplicity and flexibility of MailChimp email marketing features.
What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is one of the most popular and a great email marketing web based software. Among all email marketing, MailChimp provide free up to 2000 email subscribers, and monthly 12000 email transferring for beginners. It’s really perfect for a new blogging startup. If you need more, upgrade to MailChimp pro version. So join more than 9 million people who use MailChimp to design and send 600 million emails every day.
The email list building is the most important task for every business and bloggers. If you haven’t any list yet, I recommend you to create it on your first leisure time. This article is going to explain the process of integrating MailChimp subscriber widget or embedded forms code with a website. It doesn’t matter what system your website has, dynamic or static, CMS or pure HTML. The MailChimp is ready to support all of them.
How to Register?
One of the best option of MailChimp I like is free registration without requiring credit cards or any other payment credential. Once your audience grow up to 2000 subscribers, then upgrade to MailChimp pro version.
- Open MailChimp website and click Sign Up Free, then fill in the form with your correct email address,name, and password then click Create My Account.
2. You will receive an account activation email. Click on Activate Account to active your account.
3. Now it will open a new form to complete the last step. Fill in the form with your organization information, upload logo, and click Save and get started.
4. When the registration has completed successfully, go to configure your email marketing settings. If you have email list, import your email list, create campaign or integrate MailChimp with your website.
Here I’m applying this article on Technig web site in order to integrate MailChimp with my web site. It works perfectly for me. Just comment us in case of any issues to help you solve the problem.
Integrate MailChimp and WordPress
To Integrate MailChimp with your WordPress web site, you need to install MailChimp for WordPress plugin and create an API key, or create an embedded forms which generate HTML code to embed in your site. First I’m going to install MailChimp for WordPress plugin.
- Install MailChimp for WordPress plugin from the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Active the installed MailChimp for WordPress and go to MailChimp Settings.
3. From the MailChimp Setting, under API key click Get your API key here and go to create an API key. Now on the MailChimp web site, under Your API keys, click Create A Key to create an API key.
4. Copy the created API key and past it in your web site on MailChimp API key section then save the settings.
5. After saving the settings and applying changes, the final result should be successful.
6. Now it’s time to add subscription widget to your web site. Navigate to WordPress dashboard, Appearance, Widgets. Then add the MialChimp signup form to sidebar. Or like me install the WP Subscribe plugin.
Note: If you are using WP Subscribe plugin, it support MailChimp by default. Just select MailChimp from settings and add the API key you created before and your List ID.
To find your list id, navigate to MailChimp Settings and see under MailChimp Data to find the list ids.
OK, everything works fine, see the subscriber widget’s of our web site as a sample. For a static web site, use the embedded code of MailChimp subscription within your web site widgets.
Hope you can integrate MailChimp as a great free email marketing with your web site without any issue. For any issue comment us. We glad to help our blog readers.